Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Goals for 2009

I have ONE huge goal to become organized!!! This is big for me because I have so much going on with Jared working a lot, and three off the wall boys. With that I have a few areas that I am going to get organized in.
  • Food Storage: In 2009 I am going to get my food storage in check. I have found this cool site that is really organized and has it all mapped out for me. Step by steps and great links too!!! I am going to track my progress and make myself accountable. My goal is to have one year by 2010 with 72 hour kits and water! I hope that anyone else out there will find this useful and get their supply organized as well.
  • Cooking: With the new food storage I have been getting I have to learn how to use it! So I have been doing a lot more meal planning and cooking. I even made some freezer meals that taste really good. I want to share my successes and failures so myself and others can learn from them.
  • Budget: With the recent economy I have been really trying to save my family all the money I can. I am always looking at new ways to save and get my food storage at the same time. I think a lot can happen in a year, and my goal is to have money by the end of the year to make up three house payments. This is going to be huge for us.
  • Time: Since our family has increased in size this past year, I have let a lot of things slip through the cracks. I would like to get back on track with a few things. The biggest and foremost is to start having regular FHE. Not just family time, but a lesson, and talk to the boys about important issues again. T.J. is getting old enough now that he needs to learn the art of patience and sitting down. I also need to be better in reading our scriptures.
  • Space: With the goal of food storage I have to organize a huge disaster in my basement. I need a place to put all this food. So I have a goal to organize my basement and garage to fit everything in. Jared is going to hate doing this, but it is a project long overdue.
  • Crafts: I love to do crafts. I have joined a craft group recently, and I am creating a lot. My boys laugh at me because I love the new Create channel on TV. I could watch craft shows and cooking shows all day long. So to organize my thoughts and ideas I am creating a craft blog of my own. I am going to organize all my ideas till I have a better time to make them.

No comments: